Welcome to this article on “Positive Mindset!” You have arrived at your destination. Hope you had a great time browsing through the net finding your way home sweet home. You made a positve decision to read more about “Positive Mindset.”
In this article i am going to talk about the basics of a positive mindset, the benefits, how to develop a positive mindset, characteristics and then end with affirmations, quotes and recommendations so stay tuned til the end.
Before we Digest this Delicious article Subscribe to our email list to get notified when we post new content. Check out our social media and subscribe.
What Is a Positive Mindset?
You might have come across phrases such as “Positive Thinking”, “Positive Mindset” or Positive Attitude”. Before we begin it is best that we start with a few definitions of a positive mindset to set the grounds for clarity.
- a mental attitude in which you expect good and favourable results.
- A healthy way of thinking that produces harmony and good results
- the attitude of accepting into the mind thoughts, words, images and feelings that contribute to growth, success, and a satisfactory outcome – successconsciousness.com
- “Positive Mindset is a mental and emotional attitude that focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results.”positivepsychology.com
7 Ways To Develop a Positive Mindset
There are many ways in which you can develop a positive mindset. In this section I am going to Mention 7 ways you can learn to develop a positive mindset.
- Read Positive Material: one good practice is to read only positive books, poems, articles and writings. Most people read a lot of negative material such as bad news, war, deaths and much more. Switch and start looking for positive news and material. You can start by checking your personal books, magazines, text messages, whatsapp groups, facebook content and news articles.
- Start The Day on a Positive Tone: always start your day on a positive tone. This could be exercise, listening to motivation or positive songs, reading positive quotes and affirmations, looking at your goals and visaulising a perfect day. This is great as it sets yor mood and if you keep it up you will develp willpower to overcome the negative thoughts and behaviours that can rin your day
- Keep a Gratitude Journal: Another great way to develop a positive mindset is by keeping a gratitude journal. Practice writing down a nuber of things that you are greatful for everyday. The more you give thanks twith a grateful heart the more joy and happiness you exerience which stregthens your positive mindset
- Surround Yourself With Positive People: Somebody once said ” You are the sum of the people you hang around with” I agree 199%. The people who you hang around with a or share a bond with can influence your mood. If you are developing a positive mindset it is best you seek positive company and friends. The more positive your networks are the more inspired and motivated you wil feel and act.
- Use Positive Vocabulary: The words you use ahave a big impact on your mind and behaviour. Assess your vocabulary and uproot all negative words or phrases that you use on yourself and other too. Never speak negative of yourslef or your affairs. Always switch negative statement with positive words or affirmations.
- Look For The Positive in Every Situation: Alwayas look for the good in every situation: whether good or bad. Train your mind to look for the positive in all situation that you face. No matter how bad the situation is there is always something positive. The more you find the positive the stronger your mind will be.
- Smile: Learn to smile! As simple as it seems smiling is key in developing a posiitve mindset. The more you smile the better your mood will be, the more attractive you will be, the less stress you will have, the more positive you will be.
Characteristics of a Positive Mindset
- Being grateful for all
- Giving compliments to strangers
- Bouncing back from rejection, disappointment and adversity
- Not reacting to negative situations
- Changing a negative into a positive
- Being straightforward and upfront
- Believing in yourself and your abilities
- Always Expecting the best
- Enjoying every moment
- Saying no without feeling guilty
- Not lowering your standards to please others
Positive Affirmations To Inspire and Motivate You
Below are positive affirmations that you can use to uplift you, motivate you to take action, believe in yourself and inspire you to be the best you can be.
An affirmation is simply a statement that you declare to be true or exist. Words have power and whatever you tell yourself is what your subconscious mind takes to be true whether good or bad. So we encourage you to use positive affirmations to override or get rid of that negative conditioning.
Affirmations work when you believe them 100% and speak them with emotion knowing that it is already done. You might not believe the first time you try and you might even say that you are lying to yourself and therefore think of quitting. But as with every new skill, it takes time or atleast 21 days to form so do not give up. Be consisen and in emotion and your subconsious mind will start taking you serious and start working in your favour…. ENJOY
I am a Positive Thinker
I am influenced only by positive thoughts and positive people
I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful.
My body is Strong and Healthy
I love and accept myself.
Money comes to me easily and effortlessly
I believe in myself and my abilities
I am a creative force and what I do matters.
Money comes to me from different channels
I focus on action to create the life I want
I believe in my visions, goals and my dreams.
I eat healthy foods and exercise regularly
I can become anything I put my mind to.
I deserve all the love and happiness.
All my relationships are healthy and positive
I do my best and I am proud of myself and all my achievements
I am an energetic magnet for positive energy.
My life is full of Joy, Love and Gratitude
I forgive myself for my past mistakes and I forgive others who hurt me.
Positive Quotes That Will Change Your life
Below are positive quotes that will change your life in a positive way if you implement them and apply them in your daily life. As before read them with 100% belief and back them up with strong emotions
“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
“Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.”
“Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive good things and good people will be drawn to you.”
Mary Lou Retton
Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart
Roy T Bennet
Cultivate an optimistic mind, use your imagination, always consider alternatives, and dare to believe that you can make possible what others think is impossible.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible.
Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life become more secure, more fraught with action, richer in experience and achievement.
Race Car Driver
I truly hope you have enjoyed your journey as we opened with a definiton, danced with characterisitcs, motivated and inspired with quotes and affirmations and developed a better understanding of a positive mindset.
Wish you the best on your new Positive mindset and may it take you further than you have ever been.
If you liked the article SUBSCRIBE below and check out the recommendations
Subscribe to The Positive Podcast
Enrol on Our Positive Vocabulary Course
Develop your positive vocabulary and use words that Energise, Uplift and Motivate you to be a positive individual