The Top 5 most overrated players in the Premier League 2019-20
The Premier League has always been one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Every season, players from all over the world come to play in the Premier League and make a name for themselves. But, every season, there are some players who are overrated and don’t live up to the hype surrounding their arrival. Here are the top 5 most overrated players in the Premier League 2019-20.
1. Paul Pogba: The French midfielder has been at Manchester United since 2016 and although he has put up some impressive numbers, he has not been the star many expected him to be. His inconsistency and injury issues have been a major factor in his lack of impact.
2. Romelu Lukaku: The Belgian forward was signed by Manchester United in 2017 and has been a disappointment since. He has been inconsistent in front of goal and has failed to make an impact in the big games.
3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: The Gabonese striker was signed by Arsenal in 2018 and has been a goal scoring machine since. However, many think his lack of impact in the big games and his defensive contributions have been overrated.
4. Mesut Ozil: The German midfielder signed for Arsenal in 2013 and has been a star since. But, his lack of defensive contributions and his tendency to go missing in the big games have seen him become one of the most overrated players in the Premier League.
5. David De Gea: The Spanish goalkeeper has been at Manchester United since 2011 and has been one of the best goalkeepers in the world in that time. But, his ability to make mistakes and his lack of impact in the big games have seen him become one of the most overrated players in the Premier League.
These are the top 5 most overrated players in the Premier League. While they have had some success in their respective clubs, they have failed to live up to the hype surrounding their arrival.